This is a super easy lunch that tastes amazing. Salty, smooth and a bit creamy, and it’s so quick to make. It’s really satisfying on a nice chunk of rustic bread. You can do it with as few as two ingredients, and just blend until smooth. What could be simpler?
For a dairy-free alternative, you could sub in soy yoghurt, coconut oil or sweet potato puree instead of the plain yoghurt.
I served on thick seeded bread with a big, leafy salad and some fresh cold water prawns – delicious!
Smoked Mackerel Pâté
- 250g smoked mackerel, boneless (about 2-3 fillets)
- 4 tbsps plain yoghurt
- A spring onion, chopped finely
- Pumpkin seeds/chives/other toppings
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Remove the skin of the mackerel if you don’t like it; I don’t usually bother and just let it go in to be blended with the rest of the fish.
- Put the mackerel in a food processor with the yoghurt and lemon juice.
- Blend until a coarse paste is formed
- Sprinkle in the pepper and spring onion and mix roughly into the pâté
- Serve on a thick piece of bread, or crackers
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds or chives